Are you craving a fancy coffee shop drink? Why not try making one yourself at home? Making your own delicious coffee beverages at home not only saves money, but it's also a fun way to pass the time and try something new. Read on for three specialty coffees you can make from your Olympus Northpoint apartment in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Recipes for this amazing drink can be found all over the Internet. It's fun to make and has a unique consistency. Here’s a simple version you can try yourself at home, preferably with the use of a handheld motorized whisk or milk frother.
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of hot water, instant coffee granules, and sugar in a mug
- Whisk until the texture is smooth
- Add 8-12 oz of your milk of choice (either hot or iced) and enjoy
SWEET CREAM COLD BREW
Cold brew coffee is popular for its smooth taste and extra kick of caffeine. You can purchase ready-made cold brew coffee by the bottle, or try making your own using bags steeped in water overnight. This recipe uses vanilla cream to sweeten the drink.
- To make sweet cream: mix together 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup milk, and 1/4 cup vanilla syrup.
- Fill a glass with ice and add 1 cup cold brew coffee. Next, top with sweet cream to taste
- Save extra sweet cream in the fridge for up to a week
This chocolate treat is perfect for a warm day. It's popular with everyone, and it can also be made using almond or 2% milk.
- Brew 2 cups coffee and let cool to room temperature
- Pour into ice cube trays and freeze
- In a blender, combine frozen coffee cubes, 2 cups milk, 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup, and 3 tablespoons sugar
- Blend until smooth, then top with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup
No need to make a trip to the coffee shop when you can make something this tasty yourself at home. Try one of these recipes from your Olympus Northpoint kitchen or contact us to schedule a virtual tour of our community.